Despues de 5 años y más de 200,000 línias de codigo nuevo y alterado, ha salido la versión estable (Gold Realese) de phpBB3 llamada «Olympus».
Lee el post entero para visualizar el correo electrónico que han enviado a toda la comunidad, anunciando la nueva y los requerimientos mínimos del mismo.
El correo electrónico
phpBB is very proud to announce the immediate release of phpBB3.
The project has changed considerably since work on its second major release began. With a raft of new features requested by users and new ideas introduced by its developers, phpBB3 is more able than ever to support the new «social networking» trend. Security too has been a top priority with particular attention paid to reduce or eliminate the problems of the past. Indeed unusually for a project of this nature an independent security audit was performed to better ensure a safer future for its users.
So with great pride phpBB wishes to thank all of its developers, designers, team members and of course its community – please enjoy phpBB3.
The phpBB Team.
The complete announcement with download locations:
For the media, the press release at:
phpBB3 has a few requirements which must be met before you are able to install and use it.
- A webserver or web hosting account running on any major Operating System with support for PHP
- A SQL database system, one of:
- MySQL 3.23 or above (MySQLi supported)
- PostgreSQL 7.3+
- SQLite 2.8.2+
- Firebird 2.0+
- MS SQL Server 2000 or above (directly or via ODBC)
- PHP 4.3.3+ (>=4.3.3, >4.4.x, >5.x.x, >6.0-dev (compatible)) with support for the database you intend to use.
- getimagesize() function need to be enabled
- These optional presence of the following modules within PHP will provide access to additional features, but they are not required.
- zlib Compression support
- Remote FTP support
- XML support
- Imagemagick support
- GD Support
The presence of each of these optional modules will be checked during the installation process.